Sunday 16 February 2014

Writing companions



As I write this blog, my very faithful little writing companion, my terrier, is facing major surgery and it got me thinking what it would be like to write without him curled up beside me if all does not go well.

From my very first fan fiction story I have written with him at my feet or on the sofa next to me. It seems very lonely indeed to be writing this when he is at the veterinary hospital tonight. I actually used to work at the referral centre where he is, which is actually comforting (plus I am allowed into the 'behind the scenes' areas).

This really should have been an exciting lead up to the release of my first published novella, Broken which is out on Wednesday 19th February, but I have to say that my mind is a little elsewhere. I am, however, intending to host a release party on the Dreamspinner Press blog on the big day itself. I am writing the posts in advance and will look forward to interacting with the readers when I post them.



No comments:

Post a Comment