Friday 28 February 2014

Life is short

I am writing this blog in total shock and disbelief after hearing the news that a friend has taken his own life. I have known him for thirteen years. I worked for his father and alongside his twin brother for all of that time and he worked with me for about three years.

We had an on/off affair for years yet bizarrely could remain friends in between. I honestly loved the bloke, though through timing and circumstances we were never meant to be. We had a connection the likes of which I didn't even have with my ex husband.

I last saw him only ten days ago when he came over to help me mend a fence, and though he was troubled with his family/relationship life I never for a moment saw this coming. We hugged as he left and it felt so good, and I told him that although we'd been through some crap that we'd always be mates. Not the worst final words one could say, I suppose.

I texted him after he'd left thanking him for his help and he replied that it had been good to see me. My final contact with him was simply:

Same here. Take care of yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment