Friday 11 October 2013

Wet weekend - pros and cons.

Well, our lovely warm weather had certainly taken a turn for the worse this week, and we face a wet and windy weekend. Now, there are many things that such weather would make less fun - walking the dog for one! But there are also plus points and it is on these I shall concentrate.

As the owner of a lovely mare and foal there is nothing quite like seeing them all snug and warm in their stable, happily munching on their hay. The foal, Florence, has grown so much and will soon be weaned from her dam, Mabel, so seeing them together and settled in away from the wind and rain is great.

My dog, The Norm, loves his walks, but importantly on such a weekend, also likes sitting on the sofa next to me, which brings me neatly to the best thing about wet weekends... I will be able to write, write, write without feeling guilty at all! \0/

So all in all, I am rather looking forward to a weekend of gales and rain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment