Tuesday 10 September 2013

Is it cheeky?

A little while ago, I bumped into a neighbour (an older lady) I hadn't seen for some time and so we had a little chat. I mentioned that Out of Left Field my m/m romance short story had been published. She asked what it was about and so I told her and to be honest I was surprised at her response, as I know m/m is not to everyone's taste. She immediately asked if it was on Amazon and said she would buy it when I told her it was.

I then saw her today and she informed me that she had bought the book and was looking forward to reading it. I got a bit pink as it is still new to me for people to be buying my work to read, but she misinterpreted it and asked if the book was 'cheeky'. I grinned and said it was a little bit cheeky, to which she replied with a twinkle in her eye, "I like cheeky!". I added, "You do know it is boys being cheeky?" And got a gleeful nod in reply! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment